Okay so people have been asking me what I think about the new Twilight film.
We took the kids to Provo to see it in a "real" theatre as we were already in Orem for a swimmeet. It was really crazy to see all the people there for the movie. It was opening day, and I was glad I had purchased my tickets months ago as every show in every theatre was sold out.
I admit I was pretty excited which made me nervous as I always end up NOT liking movies I'm really excited about because my expectations are too high. I was thrilled to be there with my girls and to share this with them. I also thought it was cool that Darren was there and has read all the books and can "talk the talk" with the other fans. Even if he IS team Jacob.
ANYWAY..... I surprisingly liked the movie. I liked the way it was directed with the green tones and the Cullen family in whites and blues. I liked the documentary style that it was filmed in, with a lot of motion and closeups. I was sad they left out a lot of parts, but I can understand why they do this. On the weak side was the development of the relationship between Bella and Edward. I hate how films show teens meeting each other once and then exhibiting so madly in love I'd die for you emotions. Not realistic. The book did a much better job at this. But I admit that the first time I saw Edward I did a little (quiet) fan girl "squee!!!!!!!!!!!"!!!!!!
When it comes to Richfield next week, we'll be going to see it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment