Darren and I were both up way too late last night.... just couldn't sleep for some reason.
Darren was watching LOST and I was cyber-stalking.
This morning it was really hard to get up... which was a problem as we both had to be to work at 7. I could not be late as I needed to be in Cedar by 9.
(SIDE NOTE: Our family could NOT function without my parents. Seriously. Around December, my dad found out that I'd been sent a letter from the school regarding the fact that N already had 14 tardies. FOURTEEN!!! My dad took it upon himself to come every morning and takes the littles to school. EVERY MORNING. Thank you dad for showing your love through both word and deed).
I leave home first and get to the office and grab the keys to the state car. It's 7:15 so I'm late leaving. As I'm walking back out of the office to head out of town, Darren is pulling in. I wave to him across the parking lot as I trot my late bad self to the state car. Darren detours after me, tells me to get in and start the car, and proceeds to scrape what looked like two inches of stubborn ice off the windshield for me. I sat in the car and cried and watched the love of my life take care of his bride.
Life is full of blessings both big and small. So grateful.
2 comments:
I did good :-)
Laughing. YES YOU DID!!!
Post a Comment