1)
I am really interested in WWII and in particular the experiences of those living in Great Britain. This book was a "free" book for those who have a Kindle Prime membership.
All I can say is now I know why the book was offered for free.
The story is of several young women in a village in England who became unlikely friends due to their diverse backgrounds. Each at some point became a war bride. The plot plodded along in strange little starts and stops before finally coming to a screeching halt. The story had been building towards a climax the entire story, only to leave the story untold and a pale resolution vaguely explained in a strange little post-story that included a terrible, unrealistic, out of character act of violence.
It is books like this that make me think anyone can get published.... I am so glad I didn't pay any money for this book.
Now I am plodding through a monster of a book about the Dust bowl. The bad thing about checking out books on Kindle is you really have no idea how long the sucker even is...... I've been reading and reading and am still only 18% done :)
I know it is silly to post only one book on my list for the month so far but I couldn't resist as the heading I made was so darn cute. Ha!

No comments:
Post a Comment