Saturday, March 1, 2008

NATHAN

I have to tell a cute story about Nathan.

On Wednesday he found a button out on the sidewalk. It is silver, dome shaped, and smooth with a shank backing.
He was FASCINATED by this button. He carried it around all day and several times I would see him rubbing it on his check to feel the smooth coolness of the surface.
He told me that he wanted to take the button to school on Thursday for show-and-tell.

We finally got him and the button to school Thursday (after losing the button twice in the car and finding it again). He was pretty excited about the whole thing.

When he came home Thursday, I asked him about show-and-tell.
He said in a sad, incredulous voice, "Mom? The kids didn't care AT ALL about my button". He was so disbelieving about their attitude.
It was so darling.
I told a few coworkers about it Friday and later that day Jolene's husband brought in a soft leather cord he'd cut from a tanned hide. I put the button on the cord and he has been wearing it around his neck. He told me he was going to wear it FOREVER.

Too cute.
I'm glad he's learning young to still love and value things that other people hold for naught. It is a good lesson to learn now.

2 comments:

ashes said...

I care about his button... I miss my baby!!

Zach, Roby, and Carson said...

Hi Sonja, Its roby janets daughter. Your kids are so cute i can remember babysitting emily when she was tiny wow that was so long ago. Crazy how time flys by.