Sunday, August 24, 2008


WHOAAAAAAAAAA
Okay so I love yard sales and thrift shops and the Mormon masterpiece of monetary management,the DI.
So I go in there last week and find not ONE, not TWO, but FIVE of my favorite Avon Christmas scented figurines. All in glorious shape. I swear I could smell them as soon as I walked in the front door.
We had one of these as a child and to me it embodies THE smell of Christmas. My sister Kellee also loves the smell and the figurine, and in the past we fought over who was going to get to inherit the lump of dusty wax when mom and dad were gone (I also want the plastic angel stained glass ornaments so no one else get any ideas).
About 6 years ago I found one at a DI in Price, complete with battered box. You should have seen the jubilation. I selfishly kept it for myself. It is still one of my favorite moments of holiday decorating to unwrap the figurine and to have that glorious smell wash over me. AHHHHHHHHHH. It is the smell of my childhood. A few years ago I found another one at a DI in American Fork. This one I graciously gave to my sister Kellee.
I really wish I could describe how wonderful this thing is. I have smelled a lot of candles over the years trying to find something close but have not been successful.
So now I own SIX of them. One for me, one for each of my four children for when they leave home, and one that can be given to one of my sisters if they promise to cherise it and not mock it. I can't remember if it is Ashlee or Regina or both that think it smells yucky. Whichever one it is must have no taste whatsoever. At least when it comes to scented wax.

1 comment:

TLCbull said...

I don't think it smells yucky! Must be Ashlee. You KNOW how she is....... :-)