Sunday, July 15, 2012

Two mini album ideas

So excited....

Today in Primary we sang the song, "Oh What Do You Do in the Summertime".  I had not realized there were three verses to the song. I only remember the first one.

As we were singing I was hit with the idea of doing a mini book (like on shutterfly) with pictures of our summer that goes with each line of the song.

Brilliant, eh? 

I already have pics in mind for, "do you swim in a pool... to keep yourself cool" and "do you March in parades" and the "count all the stars in the sky" plus a few of the "Is that what you do???? So do I!!"  pages. 


So excited.

I also had an idea for the kids actual scrapbooks of doing a summer time layout with pictures that are predominately a certain shade of the rainbow. For example a few weeks ago at Seven Peaks I snapped a pic of E3 eating an Icee.  Her eyes were SO BLUE and it just so happens that her suit is blue and her icee was blue and the water behind her was blue. I thought about doing a layout with several pictures for each "color" of the rainbow.  First a strip of red, then orange, then yellow.... you get the idea.  The nice thing is I can cheat and send the pics to Regina to photo shop for me if I need a distracting color removed (HEE HEE)

So far I have the following:
RED: New tube / YUBA and Fourth of July week pics
ORANGE: Bryce Canyon visit and our pics from boating during the Scipio fires
YELLOW:
GREEN: Dolphin swim team pics, Green piggy bank shots (for our bi-weekly Monday visits after our library trips), Park lunch, etc.
BLUE: Seven peaks shots
PURPLE:


No comments: