Sunday, January 6, 2013

2012 in books



The year is over.

The last book I read in 2012 was:

Product DetailsMatched by Ally Condie / YA / ****
I've read this book before.... I received the trilogy as a gift for Christmas and felt I needed to re-read the first two before I read the third book.  I liked it even better this time. 

This brings my total for the year to 126 books that I read and actually wrote down.  I know there are more .... in fact just tonight I remembered one I'd read in September and hadn't counted. But anywho.... the number 126 is close enough.

This was the first year of my new rating system.  I feel like I am a pretty tough rater, and felt a bit like I was overly negative.   I went through my list to see how many books I'd given each rating for.

As you can see, I gave 90 of the 126 books a rating of THREE or higher.  So I guess I'm not THAT tough.

I did only give FIVE books a rating of 4.5 (City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass, The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fist Fight in Heaven, and The Grey Wolf Throne ) and THREE books a perfect score of 5 (Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Graceling).

Here are my awards:
The best book I read all year: "The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven" 
Most anticipated book:  "The Crimson Crown" by Cinda Williams Chima
Most disappointing book: "The Casual Vacancy" by J.K.Rowling


I didn't do a reading challenge in 2012 and I don't think I'll do one this year either, unless I find the "right" one.   Darren gave me a Kindle this Christmas, so I suspect a lot of what I read will be what I can find for free on pioneer.utah.gov.  I'm always looking for something great to read, so send me your recommendations!






No comments: