Wednesday, May 15, 2013





1. 

Ahhhhh John Grisham is back.  This book with all it's intricate twists and turns, shameless womanizing, and irreverent view of the legal profession shows to me that Grisham has his groove back. While still not as amazing as "The Firm" or "The Pelican Brief", it was up there with some of his best.  
I've said on this blog before that John Grisham is one author that I'll automatically buy this books without reading them first and he doesn't disappoint.

2.  

This is the sequel to "Skin Hunger".  It again alternates in the point of view in children growing up under terrible circumstances while imprisoned in a training gestapo for wizards (where they must learn or die) and a story in the past leading up to how the school was created in the first place.  The story would go on and on about tiny minute details of day after day and then all of a sudden skip 20 years.  It was odd.  It felt kinda tedious at the end. I really lost a sense of who the characters in the past are and felt more in the know about the current characters.  Maybe this was intentional?  I do plan to read the sequel.

No comments: