I also can extend this claim to "Spouse of the Year", "Employee of the Year" or "Family Member of the Year".
My confessions on this blog probably have you all nodding your head in agreement.
A few weeks ago Darren and I drove to Lagoon where E2 and E3 were performing at a dance competition. We told the kids "see ya... have fun!" then we kicked them out of the truck and LEFT THEM.
ALL. DAY. LONG.
We broke a cardinal rule in our family.... when someone is performing YOU ARE THERE. Period. I remember living in Duchesne and having my Aunt Peggy and Uncle Burke drive all the way from Moab for a lame-o dance recital. My parents have suffered through a mind-boggling array of piano performances, award ceremonies, sporting events, and cultural programs. It is just something you do when you are a Taylor.
Darren and I went to his parents house. We spent several hours doing various tasks such as spraying off the patio, washing dishes, filling pill boxes, and general cleaning. We then changed clothes and headed out to our new favorite Japanese restaurant (Mt Fuji's in Sandy) where we had fabulous sushi and a Bento Box to die for. After we rolled out of there, we went to Rio Tinto stadium to see RSL play Vancouver.
And the entire time we didn't talk to the kids ONCE.
It was a blast. I've said this before, but I just have to repeat that my husband is the BOMB. He is seriously so funny and I love just being around him.
So as you can see, we're not the greatest of parents as we didn't spend our day following the kids around and video-taping their performances and etc. But I do think the time with just them together was actually a really good thing too.
Anyway, when we were at the Soccer game I confessed to my husband I have a mini-crush on the keeper, Nick Rimando. I really really really want an overpriced official keeper shirt (black) with his number on it (18).
This guy is seriously awesome. He is an amazing keeper and honestly just seems so NICE. To see him in action is inspiring.
If you know Darren you also know that Wonder Woman turns Darren into a pile of quivering man-flesh, and that Alessandra Ambrosio is welcome in his dreams ANYTIME.
So anyway, I was writing my previous blog with my book list, and got thinking that I also have a mini-crush on John Grisham, the author. And I got wondering just how many mini-crushes I have....
For some odd reason I think this should be documented for posterity.
I'm sure this list will grow, but for now, here are a few:
NICK RIMANDO (as mentioned above)
JOHN GRISHAM ( amazing author extraordinaire ... brilliant AND funny)
ZAC EFRON (oh the sadness when Zanessa broke up) He made it worth suffering through "The Lucky One".
ROBERT PATTINSON (it's the profile... really. As a person I think he's really rather odd... but I admit I'm strangely fascinated. Of course part of it could be the whole Twilight connection)
WORF from STAR TREK ( don't laugh people)
CHANNING TATUM ( I have loved him since "Step - up". Not for the muscles but the craaaazy dance skills... and the jaw twitch... )
And last but certainly not least.... the amazing Viggo Mortensen... actually it isn't even Viggo I love... it is Aragorn.
Who are your mini-crushes?
1 comment:
Ryan Seacrest
Prince Charming(Once upon a time)
Spiderman(the new one)
Flynn Rider
Iron man-sometimes
Prince Geric
Ian
Yep! Haha this was fun!
Post a Comment