Sunday, June 1, 2014

BOOK BAG - continued

More of my list... this should conclude my physical library checkouts. Now on to my Kindle books...

1.2.




 These are the best books I've read in a LONG TIME.  
At work the other day my friend was telling me that I was one of the few people that understood how you can read a line of a book and have to actually physically STOP for a moment as what you just read was just so poetically beautiful you have to remind yourself to breathe.  This book was full of moments like this.
It is a fairy tale based in Russia.   It is a story of love, family, power, greed.  It is EXCELLENT. I am going to purchase hard copies of the book when the final one comes out NEXT MONTH!!!! I'm not excited at all.

3.

We've all known someone that confuses us in that they continue to hang out with so-called friends even though they are treated poorly over and over.  I'm like that person but with books.  Why did I read this?  I literally HATED the third book.  This series got even more ridiculous as time went by.  Actually this one was not as bad as the third one and it finally did come to a blessed conclusion.  There should be a special spot in hell for authors who write trilogies that somehow end up being four books.  


4.

 
Another classic by Sarah Dessen.  Another story of a very real teenager working through very real issues.  She writes great characters and is a compelling story teller.  I like that there is always a happy ending that is achieved after the character experiences growth.  Well done.

No comments: