Saturday, April 12, 2014

20th Anniversary trip - Day THIRTEEN




This was the second trip to St Maarten for Darren and I. We had been here in 2009 with the Crowthers.  We were excited to show the kids the island.

After posing for pictures in the visitor center, Grandma and Grandpa took the water ferry downtown to go shopping and we took a taxi to Dawn's beach.  This is the same beach we had visited in 2009 as we had heard it had some of the better snorkeling. When we were here last the waves were too rough but Darren and Brian had a blast playing in the waves on boards.



 


We rented a few chairs by Mr Busby's grill and enjoyed the sun and the sand and the surf.   The water was that amazing post-card blue.



The kids spent hours snorkeling. Nathan had left his junior size snorkel set at the visitor center (thankfully someone had turned it in) but he made-do with my set like a champ.


Elizabeth bought a darling beach cover-up from a vendor.

We enjoyed hot salty fries and cold strawberry daquiri's for lunch before heading back to the ship late in the afternoon.


 There may have been one other ship in port but I'm not even really sure if there was. The beach was very quiet and uncrowded. I was happy happy happy.




 It is about this time that I start thinking about selling everything and moving to an island!





No comments: