Sunday, May 13, 2012

Couch Potato to 5K


WEEK ONE:
Day FOUR (for Darren)
Day THREE (for me)
FRIDAY

I want to run. I do.  But I can't.  I just don't dare.
I go to the track with Darren and we walk together.
We are still on stage one so he runs half the track and runs half the track. 
I walk with him each time to his starting point of running and then walk back and meet him again.  We repeat this six times.

Darren is done with week one, kinda.  We are supposed to be doing eight cycles of walk/run and Darren has been doing six and I'm doing nothing but providing moral support and feeling sorry for myself.

Darren and I agree that we need to repeat week one until we can do the eight cycles.
Darren decides we need to start our own syndicated running program.  Instead of "Couch Potato to 5K" it will be "Vegetative State to Couch Potato".

Baby steps, my friends. Baby steps.

2 comments:

TLCbull said...

Bill has decided he needs to get into shape, so he relieved Shuster of the treadmill that had been taking up space in his garage for the last year+ and moved it to our house. He has also done some research. His research says that if you walk a set distance, you will actually burn the same amount of calories as if you JOG the same distance. It just takes you longer. Now running is a different story. You will burn more calories running, but walking and light jogging were the same. Sooooo, I am telling you this because humans were never meant to RUN. We only use 2 legs for crying out loud. If we were meant to run like a cheetah we would use all 4 of our limbs. Humans were designed to walk.(Or drive big Ass SUV'S)Walking will still help strengthen the muscles and develop core structure, without all the pounding on the joints or tearing of muscles. So don't get too down on yourself that you can "only" walk. That is what you were meant to do. Anything else is just showing off.

The SHEFFER clan said...

LOVE YOUR COMMENTS. Thank you :)