Week one.
Day two ( Monday)
Our first morning workout.
For the last four months I have been setting my alarm clock for six a.m. to practice waking up. Hey....don't judge..... I have to start slow. It works as I now wake up daily at 5:59 a.m. right before the alarm goes off. The bad part is that I've also taught myself to go immediately back to sleep.
But I digress.
I wake up at 5:59. I have worn my exercise pants and socks to bed to limit the amount of decisions and conscious thought I need to engage in. I am NOT a morning person. Technically I'm not really a night person either. I get up and brush my teeth and put my hair in a pony tail. We've agreed to go at 6:30 and all I need to do is whip off my nightshirt and whip on the trusty sports bra and t-shirt and shoes and I'm ready to go. So I climb back into bed until 6:25. I have the same dream over and over that Emily gets lost at Niagara Falls.
Darren gets up and gets ready. Between you and me, I can't believe it. I get up. I go to the closet. I can't find my sports bra. I know I had it as I used it Saturday. I start tearing apart the closet. I check the dirty clothes baskets. Twice. I check the floor. Twice. I check my drawers. Twice. I check the laundry in the dryer. Twice.
I'm embarrassed to say that I have a really short temper when I'm looking for stuff. It's my pet peeve (that and people throwing garbage out their car windows). By the time five minutes has passed I'm a raging hot mess. I've destroyed the closet by this point. I send Darren off without me. He actually goes. Inside I know it's because he knows struggling to run is still more appealing than staying home and watching Sonja go psycho.
I shower and drive straight to Wal-Mart and buy two more sports bras and closet organization materials. At lunch and after work I put together shoe cubicles and clean and sort and create pure awesomeness in my closet. The end result is bliss. I shut the door and lay on the floor and zen out until the kids start beating on the door and insisting on dinner. The cretins.
Day two of the Couch potato to 5K plan comes to a close.
The score?
Couch Potato Plan - one
Sonja - zero (but considering my closet am I really a loser here? I think not my dear friends... I think not).
1 comment:
Way to show that work out who's boss!
to heck with sports bras, you should just free boob it. :-)
Post a Comment