I attended E2's drill competion on Saturday.
I left home at 8:30 a.m. knowing I would be there until six or seven at night.
I was totally prepared, lugging a huge bag full of books (multiple), Diet Coke (multiple), snacks (multiple), camara and lenses (multiple), notebook, pens, etc.
I didn't read as much as I thought I would, but instead went through N's scout manuals and made lists and plans about what to work on next for his Bear badge. I love to make lists. I made a list of songs I heard that I liked ( I didn't know titles so I jotted down lyrics to look up on the internet), I made lists of cute things I saw people wearing that I may want to try out (navy maxi dress and yellow sweater), I made lists of random thoughts that came to my head (such as, "Why are they hissing? Is hissing cool or creepy?" and "The person that wrote the score for "Pirates of the Carribean must be making a KILLING on royalties" and "I am so glad I don't color my hair anymore so everyone above me in the stadium won't be looking down at my roots").
The whole day was fun. The routines were entertaining to watch, I had my good friend Tammy R to talk too, and best of all Darren was working the event that day. I love hanging out with him and not just cuz he gets free soda from the concession stand.
I have attended five or six drill competitions since my own days as a Grand County Red Devilette, and EVERY TIME the music of the first song starts, I get this crazy excited overwhelmingly emotional feeling in my chest. I can't even really explain it. It actually brings tears to my eyes. It is fun to share this with E2, even though the only emotion she has expressed so far is the desire to vomit. I can remember that feeling, too, especially when waiting to go out onto the floor.
They had the drill down at the end ( I loved doing that ) and then a drill down for the dads. It was HYSTERICAL. We couldn't get Darren to go down and try it. After the drill down the girls were in team groups out on the floor waiting for the results to be announced. Loud dance music was playing and the girls all dance. It is a wild six hundred strong dance party. SO FUN. I wanted to be jamming out, too.
1 comment:
I totally understand. :-)
Post a Comment