Saturday, January 28, 2012

It's a mad mad world....

My tear ducts have been on overdrive this week.

I've cried tears of sadness as I see a sweet friend face the reality of a new life in the light of a husband gone astray. I've cried for her children. For her fears. For her worry. And even tears for him.
I've cried tears of frustration as I just don't know what to say.
I've cried tears of guilt for being so grateful it isn't me.

So.sorry.

I've cried tears of pride for another dear friend who has also decided it is time for her marriage to end. I am proud of her class and grace and strength to find a new way.

I've had tears of pride for my babies.. and tears of worry... and tears of loss as I contemplate the one about to go away.

Today I shed tears of joy when a blogger I don't even know but have followed for years announced she has found love again after the loss of her husband to cancer.

For life is really so beautiful in all it's awfulness. And that just doesn't make sense.

So tonight, here I am. Feeling a little raw and worn down at the edges. So thankful to be part of this crazy world. So thankful for each of you that are part of it.

"For Pleasure is spread through the earth
In stray gifts to be claimed by whoever shall find."
~William Wordsworth, 1806

No comments: