Saturday, January 28, 2012
My week in books
1) Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand ./ A / ****
This is a story of Louis Zamperini, an Olympic runner turned airman during WWII. He survives the crash of his aircraft in the Pacific. He survives more than 40 days adrift on the ocean, only to be captured by Japanese troops. It is an amazing story of the resilience of the human spirit.
2) Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg / YA / **
A total Pride and Prejudice knockoff. It was cute... not Meg Cabot cute but a fun read. I needed a bit of light fluffiness after reading Unbroken
3) Fablehaven by Brandon Mull / JF / *** 1/2
This is the first in a series that is the favorite of E2 and E3. Darren read them over the summer and has been bugging me to read them as well. I have put off reading the series because as soon as someone tells me to do something I don't want to anymore. Everytime he see's me reading something different he gives me THE LOOK. As much as I read, I've gotten THE LOOK quite a bit over the last six months. What Darren doesn't know is that I think THE LOOK is pretty darn cute.
Anywho... I really did think the first book was cute except for one of the main characters is so annoying I had a hard time enjoying the story cuz I was so irritated. Still, I will read the rest of the story and if Darren doesn't get dinner for the next week cuz I'm too busy reading it will be his own darn fault. Not that he gets dinner on a regular basis anyway.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment