Sunday, January 22, 2012

NEW YEARS RESOLUTION

I have finally settled on my New Years resolution.  I have been thinking about it a lot, coming up with ideas and discarding them.  I could not quite get my finger on a way to set a goal for what it is I want to accomplish.   I know I want to live my life more deeply.  I want to be more present. I want to show more gratitude. I want to experience joy. I want to drink in the beautiful craziness around me.  I want to RELAX. I want to be a better sister and friend.  How do I put these desires into a standard goal format?
Finally it hit me.  I CAN'T.  
I realized that all of the above desires really boil down to one thing.... I want to have no regrets.
I don't want to lie in bed at night and wished I had spent my day differently.  I don't want to let opportunities to grow and love and learn pass me by.  I want to live a good life and never look back.

So this is my resolution:

One year from now, don’t regret a single day from 2012.








No comments: